Saturday, July 14, 2018

I’m Writing Again, and What I Am Writing Might Surprise You.

It has been a little while since my last post, so I have some catching up to do.  Last October(2017), I setup at the Mississippi Peanut Festival again. I sold a few copies of Teddy Visits Mitchell Farms and met a lot of wonderful people. One addition to my booth was a cut-out stand-in where kids of all ages could put there face in a stack of pumpkins next to a teddy bear in overalls. This was a fun family project, drawing and painting on a piece of plywood.

Teddy’s second adventure is still in progress, because some of the illustrations have not yet been finished. Once they are finalized, I will complete the layout and do any final edits to the book to make it print ready. I know it will be worth the wait to be able to publish a much better story than book 1, with professional quality illustrations.

For a while now, I have thrown around the idea of writing a commentary or study book on some of the stories in the Bible. One of my reasonings about writing a Bible commentary is, to be able to write this book, I will have to study the stories. Even if I never publish the book, my understanding of God’s Word will grow. This project hasn’t started to move along yet so it might be a while before it is published.

Now I’ll tell about the surprise writing, at least it was a surprise to me. I am writing a crime mystery with psychological elements, clues to follow, and probably a few plot twists that develop as the characters are revealed. I started out thinking I was writing a short story but now I think it is a novel. So far I have a couple of main characters that are opposites, an unknown foe, and just the tip of the iceberg of what I hope will be an engaging story that will keep pages turning and entertain many readers. I want the target audience of this book to be anyone who enjoys a good clean mystery. I would love to be able to give you a date when you can get this book but the last time I estimated a publish date, I was over a year off and that book is still not available. I will need a few beta readers. If you are interested, just let me know.

Thank you for reading my ramblings.  If you think anyone you know might enjoy this update please share it. If you haven’t already, please like and follow my Facebook page and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment