Thursday, March 19, 2015

Will people buy a Kindle children's picture book?

I have had my first children's picture ebook available on Kindle since the start of December but haven't sold even one copy. I'm not trying to complain, just stating the problem. In this series of blog posts I will attempt to find a solution.

When I first listed my book on Kindle, I priced it at $6.50. This was $5 below the printed version price. The price remained this way until the start of March. At the beginning of March I added Matchbook and dropped the price to $2.99. Matchbook is Amazon's way of letting someone who has purchased the printed version have the Kindle version for a reduced price or free. I chose the free option. To promote this I tweeted about it with the hashtag #IARGT. Still no takers.

As part of trying to better understand how to reach readers,i would appreciate any feedback you have and how you found this. Regardless of how you came across this blog series, please like, share, forward, or just tell some people. Let's see if we can take the Kindle book sales from zero to one-million!

Oh yeah, the link to purchase my first Kindle children's picture book, Teddy Visits Mitchell Farms, is
 http://www.amazon.com/Teddy-Visits-Mitchell-Farms-ebook/dp/B00QNAFDXA 

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Personal opinion, the issue is the art. I always notice the art of a children's book the same way covers of books grab my attention.

    ReplyDelete