Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Writing from the other side of the country

I'm in the lovely city of Sacramento, CA for some training related to my day job. This is my first trip to California and definitely not where I am used to writing from. Normally I'm writing form where I feel most at home, in south Mississippi.

Last night I was almost asleep when I had a children's new story come to me. I reached over and turned on the lamp and scribbled down the basic idea on a "thought pad" that was on the night stand. Tonight I finished the first draft of a new Teddy story that I have been working on. I also wrote down another book concept that I thought of and a start to an adventure novel with a twist. I guess I can say this has been a productive trip so far for both my day job and my writing.

Good night from Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment